WHAT WE DO
We don’t claim to do everything but to do a few things very well. We refer matters outside our expertise to other colleagues with the right skill set.
Our focus is on complex commercial litigation and construction law. Our commercial litigation practice includes commercial debt collection, contested bankruptcy matters, and recovering funds for the victims of fraud. Our construction clients are general and trade contractors, as well as commercial owners and developers. We provide general advice and counseling on the day-to-day legal issues our clients face. Where necessary, we litigate or arbitrate those issues.
WHO WE ARE
ROBERT A. MAYS
Rob Mays has litigated a wide range of matters in federal and state courts. He has briefed cases for the U.S. Supreme Court and both state and federal appellate courts. He concentrates his practice on contested bankruptcy matters, commercial collections, high-value judgment enforcement, and fraud recovery.
W. JAMES JOHNSON
James Johnson has over 20 years of experience in construction law. He is a proven litigator who has successfully tried numerous matters to verdict in a wide range of construction, business, and transactional matters.
HOW WE WORK
Attorneys are fiduciaries for their clients, and we take that role very seriously.
- Look for the most efficient, practical solution to every problem.
- Give individual attention to every file.
- Put our clients’ interests above our own bottom line.
- Strive to be absolutely transparent, accurate, and fair in billing, with an emphasis on avoiding surprises.
WE WILL NEVER:
- Do work that we know to be unnecessary or uneconomical.
- Charge for unnecessarily duplicated effort.
- Portray a simple matter as complex to justify delays or large fees.
- Take on more work than we can competently handle.